WHAT MAKES NOTCH 8 DIFFERENT?
- OUR FACILITY
- MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
There are many elements that go into making a world-class facility. From the training components like having enough space and equipment to practical components like free parking and showers, our facility has all the necessary components to help you get fit and stay fit for life.
Imagine having to fork out an extra six dollars every time you park your car for a workout. Or having to park a kilometer away from the facility. This is the case for many downtown locations.
Inconveniences like parking are enough to deter you from going to the gym at all. Things like having plenty of natural light and big bay doors might seem like small peanuts, but when they’re taken away, people notice.
In short, everything runs more smoothly when things are convenient.
We have been around for a while and we have learned through trial and error what people need and want from their training facility.
We are very proud of the world-class facility we have created. Through trial and error, we learned through the years there are 10 necessary keys to logistically allow for a smooth-functionally facility.
1. Adequate Square Footage: Our 9,000 square foot facility easily handles classes of up to 25 students, all the while leaving enough space for two or three apprentice coaches to run one-on-one personal training sessions on the other side of the facility.
2. High Ceilings: Our 20-foot-plus ceilings give our facility a more spacious look, and they also accommodate a very important CrossFit movement – Rope Climbs.
3. Drop Weights: With wall-to-wall rubber flooring, you can drop weights absolutely anywhere.
4. Bay Doors: Our bay doors allow for all-important air circulation keeping our venue cool and smelling clean. Bay doors also make running WODs, where athletes have to enter and exit the building multiple times, much safer and more manageable.
5. Natural Light: Nobody wants to train in a facility that feels like a dungeon. We have tons of windows and natural light, which keeps our facility bright.
6. Free Parking: We have endless parking on both the North and South sides of our building.
7. Run on the street: The area around our facility has streets are relatively empty and flat. We have marked courses for our 400 m, , 600 m, 800 m, and 1,600 m routes, which begin and end at our bay doors.
8. Lounge: We’re just as much a social house as we are a training facility and school. We have a lounge upstairs where we watch hockey games, football games, and other social gatherings. Our social events are the glue that holds our community together.
9. Functional, clean, classy shower facilities: Nice washrooms are especially important for our morning CrossFitters, who usually have to head straight to work after their morning workout and don’t have time to head home again for a shower.
10. Treatment Area: We have a treatment room for prehab and rehabilitation. We have partnerships with an athletic trainer (Myofit) and a Chiropractor (Dr. Brian Jackson @ Plainfield Family Chiropractic) for your convenience to help you aches and pains, recovery and prevention.
Monthly Unlimited = $145 – $405
Monthly 2x/week = $120
60 minute Personal Training/Fundamentals = $65
30 minute Personal Training/Fundamentals = $35
Monthly Unlimited Barbell club = $125
Drop In = $20/session
Kids/Juniors Punch Pass = $125/10 sessions
Spin Class = $7/session or $55/10 sessions
Our hybrid memberships are a combination of personal training and group classes that allow our members to have the best of both worlds. Personal attention and accountability with the fun and affordability of group training. Below you will find a description of our memberships and what is included with each.
Level 1 Membership – $145/month
- 4 quarterly assessments per year
- Access to open gym
- Entry into any group classes on the schedule
- Entry to gym sponsored events that we have throughout the year
- Nutrition counseling
- Who is this for?
- This option will be best for those who don’t want or don’t need regular personal training to see regular gains. Young athletes with no or only a few physical limitations or high-level high school or college athletes would fall into this group.
Level 2 Membership – $195/month
- Everything in the base membership
- 9 x 1-hour personal training sessions with your coach each year (1 per 6 weeks)
- Who is this for?
- This option will be the best option long term for most people. This is an awesome membership because this option is what we feel is the “minimum effective dose” of personal training that will provide quantifiable value to you the client. The timing of the PT sessions will coincide with our 6-week training blocks for the group classes which will give you a chance to get 1 on 1 time with your coach and review the upcoming training block and ensure you are ready to hit the ground running as our training rotates throughout the year.
Level 3 Membership – $210/month
- Everything in the base membership
- 12 x 1-hour personal training sessions with your coach each year (1 per month)
- Who is this for?
- This option is for those that want a little more personal attention each month but still feel comfortable working out in the group classes most of the time. This option would also be appropriate for those transitioning out of fundamentals who are getting more comfortable working out in the group classes but still want to see their coach in private sessions a little more often. On an ongoing basis, this membership provides regular, monthly personal training which allows you and your coach to more finely tune the training to your specific needs.
Level 4 Membership – $275/month
- Everything in the base membership
- 24 x 1-hour personal training sessions with your coach each year (2 per month)
- Who is this for?
- This level is a great first or second option for those coming out of fundamentals and transitioning into group classes. The transition between fundamentals graduation to group classes can be a big change and this membership allows the client and coach to meet often to make sure questions can be addressed and movements encountered in the group classes can be worked on in a 1-on-1 setting. After a month or 2 at a Level 4 Membership, athletes might not need to see their coach quite as often as they learn the in’s and out’s of our box more thoroughly. This option allows athletes to meet twice a month with their coach to go over things in the programming that are unclear or focus on areas that fundamentals doesn’t cover in detail. Also good for developing a more personal training approach to the group classes.
Level 5 Membership – $405/month
- Everything in the base membership
- 48 x 1-hour personal training sessions with your coach each year (4 per month + 4 off weeks)
- Who is this for?
- This is the best option for those transitioning out of fundamentals. For at least a few months after graduation from fundamentals, this membership offers plenty of time for clients to become acclimated to the group classes but also continue to get lots of face time with your coach to figure out what is working and what is not. This level allows for plenty of time to review and explain things that come up in the group classes that might still be unclear. This option is also great for those who are used to personal training but want to mix in some of the community and intensity that you get from the group classes. This option is ideal for those that want a great deal of personal attention and specificity in their programming.
Ready To Get Started? Find out more!
We want you to understand what you are getting into when you join our team. We want to make sure we are a good fit for you and you for us. We work hard and are committed to helping each person on our team achieve their best so that you can live larger and with a greater ability to do the things you want to do.
You will start to see and feel results right away, however, there is no magic pill; we don’t have a secret recipe for sale or any “get results by tomorrow” methods. You will get results, but you will work hard for them. This may require an open mind or paradigm shift but you will learn new skills for life. In return, you’ll be more likely to retain your results by living a healthy, positive lifestyle as opposed to “yo-yoing”.
HAHA! Yeah! Great question! With hard work and proper nutrition, you may get a six pack, or even better, an eight pack! Say what!? Yeah, that’s right! We are so advanced; we can uncover two more abs!!!
All kidding aside, a well fed, well trained, healthy person may or may not have visible “abs.” That’s based on one’s body fat percentage and where one’s body fat deposits. But nice sexy looking abs is a normal result for most of our team. Even if that wasn’t the goal.
No, we are not expensive. Ask yourself this. What is the price for not being sick, weak or hindered? How much would you pay to feel more energetic? To be healthy and free of medications? How much are you willing to spend on copayments and “sickcare”.
We are not a typical gym, so prices are not comparable. We are not even a typical CrossFit affiliate gym, so any comparison without meeting them first and then us is unfair and based on completely different levels of service and expertise. You don’t pay for a gym membership at Notch 8. At Notch 8 you are buying coaching. You pay for a personal fitness coach who coaches you on movement, nutrition, lifestyle practices, and finding balance to enjoy a lifetime journey in fitness.
When we understand what program style is best for your we will go over all of our fees in detail. No fancy tricks or switcharoo schemes here! We’d like you to come meet us and then decide. If you don’t see the value, or find we aren’t for you, that’s fine.
A basic outline of our prices can be found here.
We do not believe in discounts or contracts.
The closest thing we have to a contract is a 30-day notification policy. If at any point you choose to end your monthly membership, you can request a membership cancellation form and we will stop billing 30 days after that form is completed and returned.
We are here for us all to win. Our clients stay with us because they get results. We stay with our clients because they put in the effort to make positive change.
No way! Just get in here a.s.a.p.! Your time is precious so use it wisely. We will meet you where you are and recommend the best path forward which may be one of our group programs an individualized program or a combination of both.
Yes! You can still do this! We treat you as an individual. You will be given specific movements that you are able to do safely and which are effective for your goals. If you are an individual program design client, you will follow your own program, custom designed for you, your needs and your history. We strengthen your weaknesses and reduce your physical limitations. We use normal movements demanded in real life and sports situations. By focusing on proper movement patterns, posture and technique we can reverse years of nagging injuries and replace it with some vigor to attack life.
Yes, real-world functional, useful muscle that will serve you well. Nothing fake here. No “display model only”.
If you never see yourself needing to get up from a seated position (get off the toilet maybe?), stand up if you fall down, lift the groceries from the car, or get the fertilizer down from the top shelf in the garage, then you may not need what we teach. If you think you might need to do one of those things, or anything else to enjoy the rest of your years, you are not too old! How you feel is the real indicator of age. The demands of an Olympic athlete and a grandparent differ only in degree, not in kind. We all desire to maintain our independence for as long as possible.
Some of our clients aren’t close enough to workout at our facility. In these cases we will provide service virtually through the use of digital content platforms and video used in assessment and consultation scenarios. Remote coaching can be based upon existing group programming or individualized programming.
Yes, we are a CrossFit affiliate. And we are very different from the “norm”. CrossFit is not who we are, but it is a part of what we do in many ways. Although we are affiliated with CrossFit HQ, we are independently owned and operated. We are an affiliate because we agree with Coach Greg Glassman’s original tenets and idea’s and we agree with CrossFit’s charter to remove sugar and other health conflicting industries from nutrition sciences and to help improve people’s lives.
Over time, we have honed our practices and tried to develop the best process for the long term. Short-term results are just that, short, unsustainable and irresponsible from a professional coach. We are interested in your long-term health and condition. Our coaches are professional coaches and we have been in business for over 5 years.
We show you what to do, how to do it, and why you are doing it. We will constantly challenge you with learning new skills and improve yourself in all facets of life. And we can continue to help you with your results for many years.
MEET OUR PARTNERS
- MYOFIT MOBILITY & THERAPY
- ARTIE'S ON THE GO MEAL DELIVERY
- SALUTE NUTRITION
- PLAINFIELD FAMILY CHIROPRACTIC
We are composed of athletic trainers who perform hands-on therapy, rehabilitation and other forms of healing and treatment techniques.
Typically, athletic trainers have been reserved for treating and healing athletes to keep them on the field of play or to return them to play as quickly and safely as possible. In the field, athletic trainers are under pressure to get results, so they have developed effective cutting-edge tools and techniques that help people quickly overcome injuries and correct structural and chronic imbalances that limit their performance.
Unfortunately, these techniques have historically been limited to elite athletes.
We are bringing this care to the general population.
We believe that the definition of an athlete is a person who moves. We all move and places physical stress on our bodies. We work with adult athletes, amateur athletes, people who want to improve their daily functions and those who want to be pain-free. We help them heal from injuries, correct postures and imbalances, perform hands-on therapies to prevent injuries and educate our clients on the nature of their body and how to treat it on their own. If you fit into any of these categories, we want to see you!
To find out more or schedule your appointment with Myofit, follow the link below
We began Artie’s OnTheGo in 2012.
Our heart was to give the people of Indianapolis access to clean food. Our passion is to offer you clean and diverse food that you can pick up, heat up and eat up without all the hassle of shopping, prepping and cooking it yourself.
In addition to providing healthy meals at reasonable prices, we also desire to provide you the know-how of cooking and prepping clean food so that all times you have the power to choose what you put in your body! The Bible tells us that ‘our body is a temple’ (1 Cor. 6:19) and we believe that. Therefore, we love to help others learn how to eat smart so their quality of life increases as they choose to treat their body right!
We are here for you whether you stick to Artie’s for all your food needs are simply start your journey with us.
Artie’s OnTheGo is currently delivering “paleo friendly” and “macro friendly” meals ALL over the greater Indianapolis area. All you need to do is choose the most convenient delivery location and we will do the rest! Our team of Chefs and Delivery Drivers make the process seamless and smooth so that you can sit back, relax and let us serve you.
To place your order or find out more, click the link below
We’re here to provide you with the macro nutrition coaching to change your life. Whether your goal is to simply reduce your body fat percentage, gain lean mass, add healthy fat, or prepare for an athletic or physique competition, we will design a plan built around YOU, the individual, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach to nutritional coaching. Click here to find out more!
From Dr. Brian Jackson, DC…
It is the realization of a lifelong dream that allows me the opportunity to help people achieve a more functional and healthy lifestyle.I graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic, and am Board Certified with the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners while holding a Bachelors of Science Degree from Ball State University.I specifically chose Chiropractic because I wanted to help others and empower them to live healthier, more active lives. After many years of professional chiropractic practice, I have become known for understanding my patients and their problems. Connecting personally with people and accurately addressing their health issues is a strength and is at the core of my treatment philosophy.I have extensive experience with many types of patients and generate positive results with my style of treatment.My singular goal is to improve my patient’s quality of life with regained strength, vitality, reduced pain and then showing them how they can maintain it.Fundamentally, I am most passionate about an oath I live by daily: “I will recommend the best, I will give the best, and I will expect the best.” I am appreciative that people give me a chance to change their lives.In opening Plainfield Family Chiropractic, my staff and I are excited to serve the greater Plainfield community and hope you will give us that opportunity!Awards and Recognition
- Clinical Excellence Award – Palmer College of Chiropractic
- Dean’s List Honors
- Top 20 under 40 Award by the Northwest Indiana Business Magazine
- Bachelor’s of Science from Ball State University – Exercise Science
- Palmer College of Chiropractic Florida – Doctorate of Chiropractic
Professional, Business, and Civic Organizations
- Plainfield Chamber of Commerce
- Plainfield Community Schools Legacy Foundation
Find out more by visiting their website by clicking below.
By following this link and buying the items you normally buy on Amazon, you help support us! Super easy and super effective!