It’s Open time!
The 2023 CrossFit Open will be kicking off on February 16th, and while most of us aren’t aiming to qualify for the CrossFit Games, it provides a great opportunity to test our fitness and hang out with our Notch 8 family. This post will give you a run down on how we will run the Open, and what you can expect.
- The deadline to register and buy your T-shirt is Saturday, February 11th. Sign up on the clipboard under the TV. Your Zen Planner account will be charged on 2/13/23.
- We are selling Notch 8 Open T-shirts for $30. That buys you a spot on a team. The proceeds from the shirt sales will be used to provide food for the Friday night afterparties.
- Teams will be chosen randomly.
- The Open will run on Fridays for 3 weeks – 2/17, 2/24 & 3/3.
- CrossFit will announce the WODS on Thursdays. That will be the class WOD on Fridays that everyone will do. There will be Rx and scaled divisions for all age groups.
- Classes on Fridays will be run in 2 heats so that everyone has a judge. We want you to get a real competition feel.
- There will be NO CLASSES at 4:30 & 6pm on those Fridays. Instead, you MUST register for a heat time on Zen Planner. The heats will go for as long as we need to get everyone in.
- If you are unable to get the Open workout done on Friday, you can do it on Saturday or Monday, but are responsible for finding your own judge.
- If you are working out on a Friday night, you will need to come in early to warm up on your own so that you are ready to go when your heat starts.
- We will need other members around that are willing to judge heats throughout the night so that everyone has a judge.
- Points will be awarded for costumes, team spirit, and WOD scores. There will also be other ways to earn extra credit points each week.
- There will be weekly themes that everyone is encouraged to take part in.
- Viking night – since you all just finished rowing like Vikings
- Twinsies – find a partner or two and dress alike
- Nerd night – bring your smarts
- The afterparty on 3/3 will be a Trivia Night that will act as a fundraiser. The team that wins the Open will get to choose where the money will be donated.
- You will be split up into your teams and have an opportunity to score points for your team in a variety of ways that don’t involve fitnessing.
Get ready to prove your fitness and have a blast doing it!